Our mission is to foster a strong, integrated community of faculty, staff, students, and parents/ caregivers by supporting communication and sponsoring activities that enrich the school experience.
Notes & Reminders
- CELEBRATING AND TRAVELING DURING COVID-19 (click link)
- Are you getting the Middlesex Parent Newsletter? Sign up here! Don’t miss out on the updates throughout the school year.
- LIBRARY BOOKS — Attention Students and Families! Look around your house. Do you still have library books from last Spring? Chances are, yes!! They are missing their true home. Currently there are still 200+ books checked out from last year when our remote learning began. Now is the perfect time to bring them into the Library, no fees attached! Bring in your books and get a free gift from the library. Now….while supplies last. Questions? Contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
- MMS SPIRITWEAR — Show your Middlesex pride and support the MPA. Check out our Blue Wave Guy masks, just $8, and MMS car magnets, only $5, at MMS Spiritwear SignUpGenius. Simply order with a credit card, and items will be distributed to your child in Flex. Please email any questions to Lindsay Westbrook (email@example.com)
- FREE AND REDUCED LUNCH ON REMOTE LEARNING DAYS — Meals will be provided for free and reduced eligible students on their distance learning days. Meals should be ordered by emailing Meghan Bendish at firstname.lastname@example.org and include the name of student(s) receiving meals. Please also note any allergies in the email. Meals should be picked up between 10am and 11am at the bus circle of Middlesex Middle School. A member of our Food Service Staff will be there to place your meal in the trunk of your vehicle.
- BUS TRANSPORTATION — Bus schedules, information, and transportation details are available on the Darien Public Schools website. If you opted out of bus service, you will not see a bus assignment in ASPEN, but you can always opt back in at any time with written notice to Kate Barbieri, Transportation Coordinator at email@example.com. They will be happy to add your child to the appropriate bus within 48-72 hours but will strive to get students assigned as soon as possible. As a reminder, all students and drivers will be required to wear a mask on the bus unless there is a medical reason that prevents students from safely wearing a mask.
- QUESTIONS ABOUT REOPENING? Visit the Darien Public Schools Reopening Hub a great resource for all communications, details on Darien’s Reopening Plan, FAQs, and more. Please direct additional questions to reopen
- FOOD SERVICES —This year Darien Schools have a new food service company. Children may purchase a lunch from Nutrislice or they can bring their own lunch. Nutrislice has a convenient link which allows you to order your child’s lunch up to one week ahead of time. All orders must be made prior to 7:30 a.m. of the day. For more information, please read the following: Nutrislice letter
- Nutrislice Online Ordering Information
- Free and Reduced Lunch Information and Application
Save The Dates
JAN 28, 2021 — MPA Parent Talk
February 12, 2021 — No School (Professional Development Day)
February 15th, 2021 — No School (Presidents Day)
February 16-19 — No School (Feb Recess)