Our mission is to promote understanding and communication between parents and school through an exchange of ideas and consideration of matters of mutual interest, and to make available volunteers for service in the school.
News & Events
MMS BOOK FAIR AT BARRETT BOOKSTORE: MAY 13th – 16thShop Local and Support the Middlesex Parents Association during the MMS Book Fair at Barrett Bookstore Thursday, May 13th to Sunday, May 16th. It’s a great way to keep your kids reading and help raise funds to support the MPA. Barrett’s will have all the required summer reading, teacher-recommended titles and many other fun, age-appropriate books. And be sure to check out their other book sections for yourself, too! Just mention “MMS” at checkout and 20% of your purchase will be donated to the MPA. Hope you can join us!
- PROPOSED 2021-2022 SLATE AND BUDGET The Middlesex Parents Association is pleased to present the proposed 2021-2022 Slate and Budget.
Please click here for: MPA Proposed 2021-22 SlatePlease click here for: MPA Proposed 2021-22 Budget
- MMS MASK & CAR MAGNET YEAR-END SALE! Show your Middlesex pride! Check out our Blue Wave masks, for just $5, and MMS car magnets, for only $5. Or take advantage of a special Buy More, Save More offer with 3 masks for $12. These items are available for purchase online at our MMS Spiritwear SignUpGenius
. Items can be delivered to your home as well as in your child’s Flex. Please email any questions to Lindsay Westbrook (lgregory_99@yahoo. com)
ORDER MMS SCHOOL SUPPLIES Take the stress out of school supply shopping and order online now for the upcoming school year. Deadline to order is June 23rd. *A portion of the proceeds will benefit the MPA.*To order, go to:WEBSITE: https://suppliestoplease.com/USERNAME: MiddlePASSWORD: mms2021 (case sensitive)The MPA will contact parents between 7/20 and 8/1 to provide specific dates and times to come to the middle school to pick up your school supply kits.
- JOIN THE MMS PTO! Middlesex Parents Association is looking for volunteers for the 2021-2022 slate, and we need your help! There are many great opportunities for you to get involved! Please see the following open positions:
CDSP Rep (1 person)
-Attend Board of Ed, Town, CDSP and administrative meetings January–April
-Present at February BOE Hearing and Town Hearing Reports at monthly MPA meetings during Budget Season
8th Grade Party (4-5 Committee Members)
-Help to plan the 8th grade party in June working closely with the Assistant Principal and Student Council
8th Grade Promotion Ceremony Chair (1 more needed) and Committee Members (4-5 people needed)
-Plan & organize events held on the last day of school, surrounding the ceremony
-Recruits committee members
-Works closely with the Assistant Principal
Publicity (1 person)
-Keep in touch with teachers and office staff to gather content/photos of MMS events (P2P Thanksgiving food drive, school musical, TOPS events, student council, etc)
-Prepare and deliver all articles & photos to local newspapers and MMS Newsletter
-Display any press coverage on MMS bulletin board near message center
For more detailed PTO slate descriptions, please reach out to the Nominating Chairs, Liz Ezbiansky (firstname.lastname@example.org), Jennifer Clemow (email@example.com) or Sarah Muecke (firstname.lastname@example.org) to discuss any of the open positions.
- Are you getting the Middlesex Parent Newsletter (MPN)? Sign up here! Don’t miss out on the updates throughout the school year.
- QUESTIONS ABOUT REOPENING? Visit the Darien Public Schools Reopening Hub a great resource for all communications, details on Darien’s Reopening Plan, FAQs, and more. Please direct additional questions to reopen
- FOOD SERVICES This year Darien Schools have a new food service company. Children may purchase a lunch from Nutrislice or they can bring their own lunch. Nutrislice has a convenient link which allows you to order your child’s lunch up to one week ahead of time. All orders must be made prior to 7:30 a.m. of the day. For more information, please go to: Nutrislice Online Ordering Information. For free and reduced lunch, please go to: Information and Application
- WE’D LOVE TO HEAR FROM YOU! Please contact the MPA with any questions or concerns at email@example.com
Save the Dates
May 13th – 16th MMS Book Fair at Barrett Bookstore
May 24th – 28th: Adopt-a-DHS Senior delivery dates
8th Grade Class Picnic (students only):
June 8th, 11:30 – 1:00: Maroon and Navy Teams
June 9th, 11:30 – 1:00: Green and Teal Teams
8th Grade Certificate Celebration (each student may invite 2 guests):
June 14th, 8:30 – 9:15: Green Team
June 14th, 9:45 – 10:30: Teal Team
June 14th, 11:00 – 11:45: Maroon Team
June 14th, 12:15 – 1:00: Navy Team
June 17th: Last Day of School