Our mission is to promote understanding and communication between parents and school through an exchange of ideas and consideration of matters of mutual interest, and to make available volunteers for service in the school.
News & Events
8TH GRADE GRADUATION SIGN DISTRIBUTION ON JUNE 2NDThe MPA is excited to gift a yard sign to each MMS 8th grader to recognize and celebrate their hard work in a challenging year. Signs will be distributed by team on June 2nd in the MMS drop-off loop.Green Team 9am – 10 amMaroon Team 10am – 11 amNavy Team 11 am – 12 pmTeal Team 12pm – 1 pmPlease contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org to make alternate arrangements if you are unable to pick up on June 2.
- PROPOSED 2021-2022 SLATE AND BUDGET The Middlesex Parents Association is pleased to present the proposed 2021-2022 Slate and Budget.
Please click here for: MPA Proposed 2021-22 SlatePlease click here for: MPA Proposed 2021-22 Budget
- MMS PTO -There is still room for more volunteers, so if you are still interested in helping out next year or have any questions about the slate, please contact the MPA Nominating Chairs Jennifer Clemow, Liz Ezbiansky, or Sarah Muecke. For questions regarding the proposed budget, please contact MPA Treasurer Alyson Johnson. Please email any other questions to email@example.com.
A Pet-Supply Donation Drive in honor of Principal Somers will be held June 2nd to 11th and will benefit PAWS in Norwalk. The MPA along with MMS Student Council and Staff are celebrating Principal Somers and commemorating her retirement by holding a pet-supply donation drive in her honor. In addition to being a dedicated educator, Principal Somers is also a devoted dog lover, and we are excited to organize a charity event for local nonprofit shelter PAWS in recognition of her service. PAWS is a no-kill animal shelter dedicated to the rescue and adoption of our community’s homeless, neglected and unwanted dogs and cats.
A big thank you to the MMS Student Council for their help in creating donation flyers with lists of the most needed items. Please have students bring donations to the rotunda.
Items can also be donated in Principal Somer’s name by shopping the PAWS Amazon wishlist. Or you can donate funds directly and just write a donation dedication in honor of Principal Somers.
- MMS MASK & CAR MAGNET YEAR-END SALE! Show your Middlesex pride! Check out our Blue Wave masks, for just $5, and MMS car magnets, for only $5. Or take advantage of a special Buy More, Save More offer with 3 masks for $12. These items are available for purchase online at our MMS Spiritwear SignUpGenius
. Items can be delivered to your home as well as in your child’s Flex. Please email any questions to Lindsay Westbrook (lgregory_99@yahoo. com)
ORDER MMS SCHOOL SUPPLIES Take the stress out of school supply shopping and order online now for the upcoming school year. Deadline to order is June 23rd. *A portion of the proceeds will benefit the MPA.*To order, go to:WEBSITE: https://suppliestoplease.com/USERNAME: MiddlePASSWORD: mms2021 (case sensitive)The MPA will contact parents between 7/20 and 8/1 to provide specific dates and times to come to the middle school to pick up your school supply kits.
- Are you getting the Middlesex Parent Newsletter (MPN)? Sign up here! Don’t miss out on the updates throughout the school year.
- QUESTIONS ABOUT REOPENING? Visit the Darien Public Schools Reopening Hub a great resource for all communications, details on Darien’s Reopening Plan, FAQs, and more. Please direct additional questions to reopen
- FOOD SERVICES This year Darien Schools have a new food service company. Children may purchase a lunch from Nutrislice or they can bring their own lunch. Nutrislice has a convenient link which allows you to order your child’s lunch up to one week ahead of time. All orders must be made prior to 7:30 a.m. of the day. For more information, please go to: Nutrislice Online Ordering Information. For free and reduced lunch, please go to: Information and Application
- WE’D LOVE TO HEAR FROM YOU! Please contact the MPA with any questions or concerns at firstname.lastname@example.org
Save the Dates
June 17th: Last Day of School