The MPA is seeking volunteers for next year’s slate to help support the many great initiatives offered to our students, teachers and MMS community.
There are many ways to give back to your child’s school that do not require a significant time commitment and it’s a wonderful way to meet new parents and enhance your child’s MMS experience.
If you are interested in any of the below positions, please contact the Nominating Co-Chairs Liz Ezbiansky (email@example.com), Heather Walsh (firstname.lastname@example.org) or Jen Hagen (email@example.com) and they will be happy to discuss these open positions more with you!
Directory (2 Chairs)
- Compiles and prints MMS address and phone directory using an on-line database. (Most of this work is done in the spring and the week preceding and following the opening of school in the fall.)
Staff Appreciation (Seeking 3 committee members – we already have chairs in place for each event)
- Plans and provides food, beverages and paper products for Back-to-School Faculty Luncheon which is held in August before students return to school. Must be available to attend the luncheon.
- Organizes and staffs Staff Holiday Luncheon in December
- Organizes and staffs Teacher Appreciation Lunch or Breakfast in May
Open House Committee (Seeking 3 committee members – Chair Alex Eising confirmed)
- Purchases refreshments including cups, water lemonade, tablecloths and napkins for Fall Open Houses
- Available to help serve/staff the open house reception on a different night than their child’s open house
- Coordinate food donations via signup genius before/beginning of school year or contact MPA regarding buying food.
Eighth Grade Promotion/Graduation (Seeking 1 committee member with 6th or 7th grade children – Co-Chairs Luli Burke and Adrienne Kelly confirmed)
- Plans & organizes the events, held on the last day of school, surrounding the promotion ceremony
- Recruits committee members
- Works closely with the Assistant Principal
Eighth Grade Party Committee ( Seeking 5-6 committee members – Chairs Natalie Alini and Julie McCormick confirmed)
- Oversees the party in June, working closely with the Assistant Principal and Student Council
Career Day (Seeking 3 committee members/ Cara Gately and Adrienne Kelly confirmed as Co-Chairs)
- Organizes the spring Eighth Grade Career Day, including obtaining speakers that represent a cross-section of industries