The MPA is seeking volunteers for next year’s slate to help support the many great initiatives offered to our students, teachers and MMS community.
There are many ways to give back to your child’s school that do not require a significant time commitment and it’s a wonderful way to meet new parents and enhance your child’s MMS experience.
If you are interested in any of the below positions, please contact the Nominating Co-Chairs Jennifer Clemow (email@example.com), Liz Ezbiansky (firstname.lastname@example.org), and Sarah Muecke (email@example.com). They will be happy to discuss these open positions more with you!
CDSP Rep (1 person)
- Attend Board of Ed, Town, CDSP and administrative meetings January–April
- Present at February BOE Hearing and Town Hearing Reports at monthly MPA meetings during Budget Season
8th Grade Party (4-5 Committee members)
- Help to plan the 8th grade party in June working closely with the Assistant Principal and Student Council
8th Grade Promotion Ceremony Chair (1 more needed) and Committee Members (4-5 people needed)
- Plans & organize events held on the last day of school, surrounding the ceremony
- Recruits committee members
- Works closely with the Assistant Principal
Publicity (1 person)
- Keep in touch with teachers and office staff to gather content/photos of MMS events (P2P Thanksgiving food drive, school musical, TOPS events, student council, etc)
- Prepare and deliver all articles & photos to local newspapers and MMS Newsletter
- Display any press coverage on MMS bulletin board near message center
Message Center (2 people)
- Schedule staffing for message center
- Maintain the message center office